Thursday, November 20, 2008

DJ Shadow - Midnight in a Perfect World (1996)



Josh Davis also known as DJ Shadow. First of all, "dj shadow", when I saw the name I was like... couldn't he have been a little more creative? But when I heard some of his music I really didn't care too much. Even though this is released on FFRR as far as I know, Mo' Wax is the more widely known triphop label behind most of Davis' work - and just the fact that they got their artwork done by the legendary old graffiti writer Futura 2000 makes Mo' Wax plain awesome. Midnight in a Perfect World is my favorite track on the album "Endtroducing".

Mo Wax

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, DJ Shadow is a bit dubious of a name, but names are irrelevant, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I wouldn't say names are irrelevant - although content by far is the most important aspect.

    ReplyDelete